Express Scripts Sr Manager - Operations in Whitestown, Indiana
The Sr Manager – Operations is primarily responsible for providing leadership to a team accountable for ensuring department compliance with all Federal and State regulations concerning Prior Authorizations. Work with Product, ESI Compliance, ESI Audit teams and Account Managers to guarantee compliance. Participate in client and regulatory audits of Prior Authorizations. Areas of responsibility include Case TAT, IRE submissions, Chapter 13 and 18 compliance, State Regulatory oversight, outbound calls and reporting on advocate errors tracking and trending, new client implementations, and client facing meetings to represent operations.
- Responsible for managing and driving the execution of a portfolio of projects, delegating responsibility to team members, project support resources and site operational leaders for driving change management.
- Ensure quality and service standards are maintained along with client-specific contractual requirements. Oversees implementation of new clients. Foster ongoing client relationships by troubleshooting escalated issues.
- Develop and build leadership talent and capability within the team and direct reports. Provide stretch learning and development assignments to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 – 12 years experience in an operations management role and people leadership with a focus on lean methodology and quality improvements
- Six Sigma Certification is required
- PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft office; Moderate relational database query skills (e.g., Access)
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies; Analytical thinking, demonstrated ability to leverage data for problem solving; Basic financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate to direct and indirect reports, ability to focus on top priorities. Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. Able to work towards specific deliverables within a environments of tight deadlines and significant pressure; Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required. Operations knowledge and experience required – includes specific experience using data analytics and reporting as a means to manage
- Operational decision-making (staffing, demand planning, quality, etc).
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran