AMRI Supervisor/Manager, Environmental Health and Safety in WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana
Title: Supervisor/Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
Location: US-IN-West Lafayette
Job Number: 1003805
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER, ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY in West Lafayette, IN
Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI) provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. AMRI West Lafayette (WLF) performs contract research and cGMP analytical services with specializations in solid-state chemistry and crystallization.
The primary role of the Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor/Manager is to create and maintain a strategic partnership with WLF leaders to assist in identifying workplace safety and health risks and implementing control measures that align with site and corporate initiatives. The EHS Supervisor/Manager is responsible for knowing, interpreting, and appropriately applying all applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes, and regulations. The EHS Supervisor/Manager also works closely with the AMRI WLF facility maintenance personnel to ensure safety, security, and efficient laboratory operations.
· Ensure that the site complies with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements (e.g., OSHA, EPA).
· Participate in AMRI's Global EHS meetings to ensure consistent compliance among all AMRI sites.
· Lead site audits and risk assessment activities, and implement corrective action promptly to ensure regulatory and corporate compliance.
· Work with site operations leaders to establish and maintain safety training programs in all applicable areas. Assure training is appropriately documented, regularly reviewed to assure compliance and timeliness, and maintain appropriate written records/ documentation of such training being conducted and reinforced.
· Review current and proposed safety, health and environmental regulations, standards and guidance for impact at the site.
· Direct and coordinate activities, reports, documents, and programs for maintaining environmental compliance.
· Perform occupational exposure band assessments for all new compounds submitted for testing at the site.
· Ensure regular testing and inspecting of safety equipment such as eyewashes, showers, fire alarms and extinguishers, etc.
· Provide regular training for site employees and AMRI WLF’s incident response team.
· Oversee hazardous waste program to ensure waste is being disposed of according to all local, state, and federal regulations. Record necessary information and submit all required reports and fees associated with hazardous waste disposal. Work with AMRI procurement group and hazardous waste vendor to continuously evaluate options for reducing volumes and costs.
· Guide and promote safe work performance by developing and enforcing safety policies, implementing safety campaigns, and training supervisors and employees in EH&S practices.
· Review, maintain, and update the site Industrial Hygiene Plan.
· Ensure appropriate record keeping and regulatory reporting.
· Ensure comprehensive employee and contractor safety orientation is conducted.
· Act as management liaison to the AMRI WLF Safety Committee.
· B.S. in EH&S, Chemistry, or closely related field or appropriate industrial experience
· 3 years prior relevant experience
Thorough knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other relevant regulations
Excellent communication skills
Ability to read, review, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations for EH&S, chemistry, and safety/toxicology of drugs.
Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, customers, and the general public.
· Previous supervisory experience
CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
Hazardous waste management training
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
- AMRI Jobs