Regional Automotive Group Automotive Service Manager in Valparaiso, Indiana
Our Auto Group is looking for an experienced Automotive Service Manager to join our growing team. We are searching for a highly motivated, self-starter who is ready to take their career as Service Manager to the next level. This person will be assertive and results driven. They must lead by example and will be in charge of all aspects of our service operation. We are seeking an individual with a superior service record and the technical skill needed to lead a team.
The Service Manager helps lead a team of service professionals to deliver exceptional value and satisfaction to our customers on a continuous basis. He or she helps plan, train, lead, and monitor the performance of service advisors, service technicians and detailers/porters to promote 100% customer satisfaction and revenue growth in line with targeted business and financial objectives.
- Ensure customers receive prompt, courteous, and effective service.
- Serve as a liaison between technicians and customers.
- Take ownership of customers’ experience by carrying out additional assignments, enabling the dealership to leave a positive impression with the customer.
- Manage and hire technicians and service advisors.
- Interview and hire new team members.
- Distribute work between technicians.
- Prioritize required services.
- Ensure customers have a positive dealership experience.
- Provide concierge support for all owner inquiries, whether via phone or in person, to ensure the customer does not get mishandled.
Spend quality time building relationships with the customers. REQUIREMENTS:
Strong communication skills to work with customers, suppliers, upper management and employees.
- Accounting skills in order to run a profitable department.
- Marketing knowledge to build a solid clientele.
- Technical and mechanical skills.
- Business-savvy personality.
- Detail-oriented trouble-shooting skills needed to make unusual diagnoses.
- Technical automotive knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to manage others.
- Organized and friendly personality.
- Previous dealership experience strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency.
Valid driver's license. What We Offer:
- Major medical
- Voluntary Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Disability, and more)
- Life Insurance, Property & Casualty Insurance
- Vacation/PTO Apply today and join our dynamic group!