Aerotek Rubber Manufacturer in Shelbyville, Indiana
The rubber manufacturing job (2nd shift) is responsible for any all duties in the components area where the rubber is mixed and cut for use around the plant and is other plants. This job is VERY DIRTY, as a sort of black powder ends up on one's uniform and body as the shift goes on. Typically, there are 3 employees on a mixer. One loading raw material (think ingredients in a cake, except the ingredients are different types of rubber), one is a mill operator that is operating the mill that cuts the slabs of rubber, and the third is pulling the rubber slabs off the machine and physically cutting it (physically tough). The machines are operated by a standard HMI touchscreen, which is very simple to use.
The training is VERY LONG for good reason. The job is dirty, could be dangerous, and mistakes are expensive, so every single person goes through 300 hours (almost 2 months) of "mill training" before they are released to do the job on their own. People WILL be hovered over, and watched throughout this training, so if someone isn't okay being "bossed around" or "micromanaged" for at least 300 hours... this isn't for them.
This job is TOUGH. One will get dirty, have to lift up to 75 pounds regularly (the slabs of rubber), and deal with a very tenured workforce.
• Weigh up and identify the various chemicals according to specifications.
• Load mixer with pre-weighed chemicals, polymers, and oils to assure thorough mixing of material for compounding.
• Mill rubber compound dropped from mixer in accordance with specifications as to number of cuts and thickness of sheets to assure appropriate blending.
• Perform batch off duties of cooling compound, stacking for storage, and identifying materials for pre-forming operations.
• Perform preforming operations (Barwell, Pad Prep.), etc.
• Prep material for molding.
• Maintain appropriate housekeeping of work areas.
• Accept responsibility to economically produce the best possible quality.
• Perform all functions in accordance with TS16949 Work Instructions and Environmental Management System Requirements.
Production, manufacturing process, mixing
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Experience working in a manufacturing environment OR another "tough" job. "Farming experience is good, because it is tough work".
Ability to lift 75 lbs
Attention to detail and willingness to learn
Willing and able to work with a tough group of people. New hires will receive constant feedback, and if they make a mistake.. they WILL hear about it. Tough skin is a must.
Steel Toed Shoes
Diploma or GED
For more info call/text Grace with Aerotek 317-520-2792
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs