BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Operations Trainer in Plainfield, Indiana
Job Description Summary
The Trainer will support Operations by providing on-the-job training for new hires, as well as cross-train more experienced employees on jobs outside their normal day-to-day responsibilities and/or in other departments. In addition, the Trainer will review and analyze work instructions, training materials and recommend changes as needed. He/she must be knowledgeable of the equipment used within their respective areas (High Reach Trucks,Counter Balances, LXE’s, Scanners, Printers, etc.) so that they can train current and new employees in order to increase the efficiencies within the department.
• Perform on-the-job training for new and current employees. This will include training on operating equipment used within the department, as well as on all processes/procedures. He/she will also train employees on the WMS system.
• Cross-train employees and work with supervisors to update the training matrix.
• Must be proficient or capable of becoming proficient in multiple processes with the ability to train on those processes (i.e.pallet build, pack out in Parcel, RF usage, LXE usage, voice pick, slip sheeting, etc.)
• Ability to present training materials in multiple ways to help employees understand/grasp concepts.
• Train employees to work safely and in accordance with company and customer standards and safety regulations. Must immediately report unsafe conditions or accidents to the appropriate person.
• Perform work observations and provide feedback; provide one-on-one training for employees who are falling below expectations.
• When not training, the Trainer will be required to perform their normal job responsibilities and meet and/or exceed production standards, same as all other employees.
• Ensure employees understand and follow EHS guidelines/processes.
• Responsible for re-training employees on equipment if an accident or safety incident occurs.
• All other related duties as assigned.
• Previous experience Loading, Receiving, Case Picking and Pallet Building preferred
• Experience training on equipment and/or processes a plus
• Experience reviewing and updating SOP’s, as needed.
• If Trainer is responsible for training on the various trucks used within the department, must have a valid operator license.
• Must be knowledgeable of multiple tasks within a department such as Loading, Full Pallet Pick, Receiving,Putaways, Pallet Build, etc.
• Must be willing to learn ALL tasks within the areas they are training within an agreed upon time set by the Trainer and Supervisor.
• Strong communications skills; must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner. Also, needs to be comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
• Must be a self-starter. Job will require the Trainer to manage their time wisely, including transitioning back to their “normal” job when not performing training activities.
• Excellent attendance required, as well as flexibility with their schedule and when requesting time off from work. If we have a set orientation schedule, the Trainer may be asked to re-arrange their vacationin order totrain new associates.
• High school diploma or GED
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel,pickor type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50lbs in some areas but not all. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, exposure to precarious situations and potential temperature excursions. Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne particles. This position requires a pre-employment physical exam.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status
Primary Work Location
USA IN - Plainfield
US BD 1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Jobs