University of Notre Dame Cloud Engineer Specialist in Notre Dame, Indiana
Campus Technology Services, a division of Notre Dame’s Office of Information Technologies (OIT) is looking for a talented cloud engineer. Do you want to be a contributor at an institution whose IT Organization was honored by EDUCAUSE with the Cloud Leadership Award and is a leader in higher education in adoption of the Cloud with over 80% of its workloads in the Cloud?
The OIT’s Platform Services team manages our AWS platform with hundreds of servers and services in a complex and diverse environment. As a cloud engineer you will be responsible for the infrastructure that drives one of the top universities in the US, and have an opportunity to build the technologies that help students, faculty, and staff at Notre Dame change the world.
The Cloud Engineer Specialist will have practical, hands-on experience with all aspects of cloud infrastructure design and management in an enterprise environment. This role is expected to provide strong technical leadership, recommend changes, and create best practices with regard to the design, implementation, and support of the enterprise cloud environment. This includes designing, provisioning, monitoring, and maintaining the cloud automation framework.
- Develop code and scripts to automate provisioning of AWS services and configure services using tools and languages such as AWS CLI/API, CloudFormation, Ansibile, Python, Bash, PowerShell, and the AWS Service Catalog.
- Manage customer interactions and relationships in cooperation with OIT colleagues.
- Maintain and expand a secure, scalable, and efficient cloud infrastructure.
- Design, analyze, and provide operational metrics and cost optimization recommendations.
- Implement solutions to report on the health of systems and the cloud infrastructure.
- Maintain the business continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to define best practices and standards around cloud operations.
- Provide strong technical leadership by participating in high-level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements, and conducting tool evaluations.
- Stay up-to-date on cloud technology trends.
- Provide technical feedback and leadership to other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and job experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, ELB, ALB, Athena, CloudFormation, CloudFront, CloudTrail, VPC, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, and Lambda.
- Strong understanding of AWS best practices for security, networking, and architecture.
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of core network protocols and services such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTPS/SFTP, DNS, SSL, and firewalls.
- Experience with coding languages such as Bash, PowerShell, or Python.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining infrastructure documentation.
- Can lead moderately complex projects.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Experience with large-scale management of server platforms, virtualization, or related technologies
Job Title: Cloud Engineer Specialist
Department: Campus Technology Services (29030)
Family / Sub-Family: IT / Systems Engineering
Career Stream/Level: EIC 3 Specialist
Department Hiring Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Pay ID: Semi-Monthly
FLSA Status: S1 - FT Exempt
Job Category: Administrator/Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting Date (Campus): 10/10/2018
Job Posting Date (Public): 10/10/2018
Job Closing Date: 10/26/2018
Posting Number: S18861
Quick Link for Internal Postings: http://jobs.nd.edu/postings/14410