Adecco Staffing Production Supervisor in New Haven, Indiana
Adecco Search is currently assisting a growing company in Ft Wayne, IN in a search for a great Day Shift Production Supervisor. If the following sounds like you, please don't hesitate to apply!
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for directing and coordinating with designated personnel to ensure that production and performance are highly compatible with maximized operations. This position will also be responsible for providing effective training to key members of the production operations, relaying effective communication strategies, and providing leadership and technical guidance to ensure that production goals, quality standards, and safety goals are met.
• Receive and provide oral and/or written instructions in performing assigned duties.
• Prepare work schedules for production employees and provide daily work assignments.
• Attend daily production meetings along with other meetings as required.
• Provide technical leadership to ensure that the on-going process of continuous quality improvement is maintained.
• Develop and train operators of all equipment to ensure consistent performance.
• Communicates, implements, and monitors safety programs and procedures.
• Maintain department in a clean, orderly, and safe fashion.
• Work alongside the Personnel Department to schedule adequate and competent staff to effectively run operations.
• Responsible for meeting and /or exceeding standards of quality, cost, production, efficiency, and waste control.
• Prepares and/or maintains various logs, records, and reports, such as production, maintenance, inventory, etc.; may purchase supplies, parts, and/or equipment; may assist in developing and monitoring the budget.
• Develop and work alongside maintenance to ensure a maintenance program is in place and help maintain machines in the department and understand their capabilities, manufacturer's recommended settings, etc.
• Make a visual inspection of machinery for quality and production.
• Keep machinery in condition for best performance and highest efficiency via preventive maintenance programs and maintenance performance.
• Direct inventory control program to direct the lowest possible inventory expense, on-hand availability of all raw material, and reduce space allocation inventory storage.
• Maintain liaison with other plant functions and use all other available means to keep fully informed of developments in the area of new and improved machinery, materials, and techniques.
• Provide and interpret for management, accurate and timely reports on operations of the plant.
• Document and record associate production, time, safety incidents, absenteeism, and corrective actions promptly and accurately.
• Develop and recommend standards in the areas of manpower requirements, volume, and priority of work and cost expenditures for the production, maintenance, and shipping departments.
• As needed, operates equipment and performs duties related to the successful operation of the department.
• Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 3-5 years or more of supervisory experience in a Manufacturing setting is preferred.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to work on a team as well as independently.
• Basic computer knowledge and the willingness to learn new computer applications.
• Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Must demonstrate cooperation, teamwork and interpersonal skills in working with other departments
• Ability to understand and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to perform basic math skills such as add/subtract/multiply/divide.
• Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
• Ability to work in hot/cold manufacturing environment, which can include standing and/or sitting for the duration of the task.
• Ability to transport or move up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally, and infrequently 75+ pounds with assistance.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, etc., as the job may require.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Adecco Staffing Jobs