Progress Rail Services Corp. Materials Planner/SchedulerIII in Muncie, Indiana
Muncie, IN Locomotive - 293
The Material Planner-Scheduler determines the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet the master production schedule and initiates the production process.
Auto req ID:
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com at https://www.progressrail.com/ and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• High school diploma or Associates degree.
Materials Planner/Scheduler I
Key Job Elements:
This position functions as a liaison between Manufacturing, Warehouse, Quality, Planning and Engineering. It is a focal point among all departments to effectively communicate and help meet project requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years Production Planning, Warehouse or Scheduling experience in a high volume manufacturing environment;
• Minimum 3 years of experience utilizing SAP, ERP/MRP in the production, planning or inventory control role;
• Good Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills;
• Effective analytical ability;
• Proficiency with computer technology applications that support the materials planning process;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints in an face-paced environment;
• Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives by working in and with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams;
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities; good interpersonal skills; high energy;
• Ability to sit, stand, walk at will, communicate via telephone, radio and use the computer for various amounts of time through the day;
• LEAN Manufacturing experience preferred;
• Attendance is a mandatory function of this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Transportation & Logistics
Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Progress Rail Services Corp. Jobs