Indiana University Health Lab Assistant II in Monticello, Indiana
The Lab Assistant II at the White Lab provides general laboratory services including specimen collection, blood component preparation, pre-analytic processing of specimens, waived testing and identified moderate complexity testing as well as related clerical tasks. The incumbent may be responsible for patient and specimen registration and delivery of specimens.
•Requires HS grad or GED Equivalent.
• Requires successfully completion of an initial and six (6) month competency for identified testing.
• Requires successfully completion an annual competency assessment for identified testing.
• Completion of a phlebotomy training program with experience in laboratory or coursework in biological, chemical or related science preferred.
• Experience in waived or moderate complexity is preferred.
• Requires working knowledge of computers.
• Requires telephone skills.
• Requires ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
• May serve on appropriate committees or projects that contribute to the overall purpose and essential functions of the department. REQNUMBER: 302985