Kelly Services Supervisor Food Manufacturing in Lebanon, Indiana
Kelly Science and Clinical a division of Kelly Services is looking for leadership candidates, Supervisor/ Team Leader in Lebanon Indiana with food manufacturing experience
Fulltime position with a growing company, to oversee the processing areas (mixing operations) and supervise 30+ employees.
Process Supervisor – direct hire
Work Hours 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm Monday – Friday
To oversee the daily operation of the Processing Department on a shift basis.
Manage and coordinate the activities of the Process department and to deliver quality products to the packaging line in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for guiding the plant’s SQF certification program.
• Monitor the quality and efficiency of the mixing operation
• Working knowledge of operation of different types of process equipment with varying degrees of automation.
• Document Processing and Process Mixer performance
• Maintain a good level of communication with Quality Control, Research & Development, Packaging and Sanitation departments
• Preparation of raw materials for processing
• Must possess excellent mathematical, verbal and written communication skills as well as reasoning ability
• Work with manufacturing departments to ensure efficient schedules while abiding by processing rules
• Assist R&D on new product development and refine existing products as necessary.
• Ensure SQF standards and quality product standards as set forth by the QC Department.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities including, interviewing, hiring, training employees as well as addressing employee issues
• Comprehend and follow process control instructions/formula recipes and procedures, including completing paperwork
• Responsible for quality of products, ensuring that the correct amounts of good quality raw materials are used
• Follow and enforce GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Coordinate with Production personnel to successfully transfer to the packaging lines
• Assist in cleaning, maintaining and inventory of raw material storage areas
• Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality and facility cleanliness
• Commitment to safety begins with management.
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead by example to ensure our highest quality manufacturing practices are being met
• Ensure team members follow Food Safety and GMP policies
• Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
• Ensure team members produce product free of contamination
• Ensure team members report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Ensure team members Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one year certificate from college or technical school, or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
- Kelly Services Jobs