Arconic Department Planner (Extrusion) in Lafayette, Indiana
This position provides the best sequence of all production jobs so that the Aerospace process flow remains optimized in support of achieving a delivery promise performance of 95% or better. Candidate is responsible for load coordination for all Aerospace customer order needs, both truck and rail. Key challenges include managing priorities balancing several on-going tasks simultaneously and interfacing between Extrusion Operations, Press Operations, Ingot, Transportation and Sales. The incumbent will be working in a broad-spectrum aluminum extrusion facility and shall take the steps necessary to assure that all employment practices are conducted in a non-discriminatory way and without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, or physical disability. The incumbent shall recognize that accidental prevention is of greater importance than any other aspect of their position and accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among fellow employees. The position is accountable for:
• Sequence and track all Oracle Jobs for mill production
• Evaluate each job in ensure they are properly sized and sequenced for downstream production flow loading; practices are correct and properly routed before releasing jobs to production
• Work in concert with Operations to sequence jobs into the production line ups that optimize customer critical needs and promise performance task dates
• Manage job completion and ensure customer needs are properly satisfied
• Own the load list and ensure alignment of the mill to the transportation schedule
• Provide necessary status for Supply Chain and Production management
• Create shortage, trial and sample jobs as needed
• Apply finished goods overage and salvage from production overage to reduce costs
• Process change orders to job tickets
• Support the Planning Department in various other tasks to improve our overall performance
• Provide accurate input to financial forecasts
· High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
· 1 years of experience in Planning and/or Production Scheduling.
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Ability to multi-task
· Understanding and use of Oracle and Discoverer
· Understanding of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
· Ability to learn production flows and apply reasoning and deduction to draw conclusions regarding delivery
· Ability to be self-directed, make decisions, clearly communicate, and direct others
· Ability to remain calm in the face of multiple pressures and demands
· Close Attention to Detail
Organization: *00223-14906 PLANNING / PACK SHIP
Title: Department Planner (Extrusion)
Requisition ID: 18003455
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.