Mid America Clinical Laboratories Support Technician in Kokomo, Indiana
The Support Technician performs various technical and clerical functions, under the supervision of the supervisor or designee. Duties may include: phlebotomy, order entry, processing, testing, and reporting of waived and moderately complex kit test results as allowed by organizational and CLIA guidelines. The standard of ethical and professional performance must be consistent with established medical laboratory practice and demonstrate the philosophy of Mid America Clinical Laboratories.
Minimal requirements must be met to fulfill Essential Functions. These requirements are reflected within the Experience Required and Skills Required sections as well as on the Physical Requirements and Environmental Hazards Worksheets.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in one of the health science fields preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency and a minimum of one year experience in a Laboratory setting required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate and instruct effectively with all internal and external customers.
- Must have computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must have organizational skills to perform multiple tasks simultaneously for maximum efficiency while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions.
- Must have the ability to work with others.
- Must have initiative to perform additional tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age specific services. Refer to the competency addendum for applicable age specific skills.
- Must demonstrate and perform effective customer service skill.