IQVIA Software Engineer 1 in Indianapolis, Indiana
At IQVIA, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions. Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader – a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IQVIA means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
• Writes high quality code following modern best practices for both internal and external facing systems.
• Utilizes source control, continuous integration and unit testing practices.
• Debugs code issues and can provide impact assessments for changes, both within development and production environments.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Can switch between work contexts in challenging environment.
• Accurately estimates the magnitude and time requirements to complete for projects. Provides accurate and timely updates to project manager and/or team lead on progress.
• Participates in peer review of deliverables such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members.
• Works with the documentation team to assure new functionality is properly documented.
• Serves as level 4 support, troubleshooting problems, providing workarounds and producing patches for customers as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / related field; or a minimum of 3 years of progressive software engineering, systems analysis, or other related experience.
• Proficiency in the following: Microsoft .NET 4+, C# 4+, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015• Experience with Microsoft .NET Core 2.0 a bonus
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Works well in a small team environment
• Self-motivated and focused on delivery of quality software within specified timeframes
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
IQVIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IQVIA, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
• Able to handle pressure situations.
• Comfortable with picking up innovative technologies
• Passionate about continual learning, and sharing knowledge with team members
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and management
• Readily accepts feedback from managers and peers
• Experience with Solr is a plus.
Announcing IMS Health and Quintiles are now IQVIA™.
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Did you know?
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people . Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled