Dow Chemical Shift Operator in Indianapolis, Indiana
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™is excited to hireShift Operatorsto support theIndianapolis, INsite. The purpose of this job is to operate and maintain all mechanical plant equipment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the year. Combined with a working knowledge of the building management system, steam and hot water boilers, chillers and water treatment processes along with the Insectary, growth chambers and the greenhouse operation, the implementation of a best in class operations and maintenance program utilizing predictive preventive maintenance skills and flexibility as a dual crafts person is imperative.
As a part of an empowered team, the incumbent must communicate effectively with a diverse working environment this includes Scientists and Lab personnel, Contractors, Building Managers and all Operations personnel. Communication is necessary on a daily basis to communicate equipment condition and any cost effective maintenance repairs utilizing the Total Productive Maintenance philosophy for a timely return to our client and/or operations department.
Specific Job Duties:
Operate building equipment and systems
• The primary responsibility of this role is to operate the building equipment and systems i.e. Boilers, chillers, air handlers and water treatment, in a safe, efficient and effective manner according to Governmental guidelines and standards and the Standard Operating Procedures.
• Respond to building or system alarms in a timely manner and make equipment adjustments and repairs as needed. Based on the type of repair required, the incumbent is empowered to call in the appropriate resources as required after hours to prevent loss to research projects or equipment.
• Utilize technical expertise in Refrigeration, Electrical, Instrumentation, Building Management system and Plumbing to systematically troubleshoot and diagnose all mechanical systems and piping related problems.
• Incumbent is responsible/accountable for interfacing with our computerized maintenance work order tracking system to enter work requests, track time and record parts used from inventory.
• Develop and introduce new operating procedures and practices to ensure State of the Art efficiency, safety and consistent delivery of services.
• Understands the safe work permit process including: USA #4 (Line and Equipment Opening), USA #5 (Confined Space Entry), USA #3 (Lockout/Tag out), USA #2 (Management of Change), and how these Safety Standards relate to Operations and Maintenance.
• The incumbent ensures that equipment has been properly locked out and tagged for maintenance or repair.
• Makes building rounds and takes critical equipment readings for predictive preventative maintenance evaluations and data-base input.
• Performs analysis on boilers, cooling towers, DI and RO water systems and makes necessary adjustments to maintain water quality for research needs and process requirements.
• Responds to building client calls and requests.
Maintenance job planning and scheduling
• The Incumbent must understand research project timelines and operations requirements to prioritize and schedule work.
• The incumbent is empowered to make critical decisions that resolve plant maintenance issues on a 24/7 basis to ensure overall equipment efficiency.
• Performs predictive and preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis to ensure equipment availability and dependability.
• Represent the Operations and Maintenance function providing expertise to project planning teams.
• Maintain compliance training as required; Respirator fit testing, Diversity training, Commentary drive, etc.
• Must be able to work 3rd shift (10pm-8am) which includes working weekends and holidays.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• A minimum of 2 year's experience working with facilitates equipment such as: steam and hot water boilers, chillers.
• Experience working in a Power Plant, Hospital or similar environment.
• Refrigeration and electrical experience.
• Must have a working knowledge of the various building equipment and systems through direct experience.
• Must have the ability to interpret technical vendor literature and transfer this information independently and effectively to critical work processes.
• A working knowledge of piping and instrument drawings, schematics and equipment drawings is a must.
• Journeymen or Master Tradesman of at least one skill is preferred.
• Boiler Operator Certified or willing to become certified.
• Universal Refrigeration License, Fork Truck License and be Explosimeter trained are preferred.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• An Associates Degree or Technical Trade School Degree is preferred. Examples of trades are electrical, instrumentation, refrigeration and plumbing.
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come