Pegasystems, Inc. Senior Technical Architect in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Position: You will ensure that system architectures are functional, robust, and scalable within the context of a customer enterprise. As a key player in both project teams and as an individual contributor you will work to ensure delivered solutions match customer requirements. Activities will range from the deployment of the Pega7 platform, Marketing and Strategic Applications to upgrade tasks and technical governance on Pega led engagements.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver on technical and non-functional areas of projects by providing high level expertise and in-depth knowledge
- Communicate and help client to see the best course of action
- Work as part of the database expert team to ensure customer and application success
- Ensure that system architectures are functional, robust, and scalable within the context of a customer enterprise
- Continuously improve and develop technical skills
- Provide continuous review of new, changed, improved, enhanced architecture and functional capabilities of Pega solutions
- When appropriate, participate in external training that supports and enhances delivery of service products and ad hoc consulting
- Utilize early access to review new, changed behaviors of Pega solutions
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- A technically challenging and rewarding career solving the problems of Fortune 500 companies
- A role that provides the candidate with a platform on which to build and develop themselves with a focus on customer success and work within a dedicated team of technical architects
- Competitive pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, 3 weeks paid vacation plus 10 company holidays, 2 community service days, medical/eye/dental coverage, and even pet insurance!
The Person: You must be self-motivated with a proven track record in application deployment and operational experience. You must also be able to work in a team environment or individually, must be well organized and exhibit strong troubleshooting experience. This is an opportunity for a consulting minded, performance focused engineer to broaden their skillset while at the same time becoming an expert in multiple technologies.
Qualifications will include:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in analysis, design, development, and application deployment of large scale Java centric enterprise application systems
- This role requires expert level experience in at least one of the following major technologies that Pega utilizes: Databases, Application Servers, JVM technology, Performance tuning/testing. It is expected that some of these skills will be acquired on the job and that you will not have all of them from day one
- Application Server installation and administration (Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat) skills
- Unix administration and scripting (Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP/UX) skills
- Database administration (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) skills
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Hadoop, Elasticsearch)
- The ability to travel nationwide to client sites 50 - 75% of the time
We challenge traditional software methods to build elegant, high-quality, well-crafted solutions. –Pega Value: Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice