Pinnacle Solutions Inc Senior SAS Administrator (Linux OS) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Senior SAS Administrator (Linux OS) as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team in Indianapolis, IN for a Direct Hire, Full-time position, on-site with a remote model possible.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify a desired Salary rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! Pinnacle Solutions intends for the Candidate to become their employee. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate or be open to a possible remote model
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will administer, ensure, and manage multiple Analytics Platform environment (s) for both SAS 9.x and SAS Viya solutions and potentially other open-source Analytics solutions.
This position will ensure that the SAS servers, as well as applicable security infrastructure and its systems and processes, are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives. The Administrator will assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of various SAS products while troubleshooting system related problems and be responsible for the overall availability of the SAS environment. Other responsibilities include maintaining the SAS software roadmap, presenting technical briefings to the support staff, developers, and the management team.
The ideal Administrator must possess the ability to interface with all aspects of an IT infrastructure especially as it pertains to setting best practices, making recommendations, and working with SAS to make it fit with existing IT rules. The SAS Administrator will be responsible for implementation, installation, architecture design, and administration.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
• Hands-on experience as an administrator for both of the SAS 9.x and SAS Viya solutions in a Linux environment performing system monitoring, log analysis, performance analysis, performance tuning, and capacity planning. The candidate must have experience administering some of the following SAS 9.x and SAS Viya products and components:
DMA – SAS Data Management Advanced
AP – SAS Analytics Pro
VA – Visual Analytics
VS – Visual Statistics
CA – SAS Contextual Analysis
FS – SAS Forecast Server
MO – SAS Marketing Optimization
MM – SAS Model Manager
Load Balancer between for Vanity URL
SSL between End-user and SAS Web Server
• Administer, maintain, and tune the SAS Platform Environment. Provides SAS Platform capacity planning, metrics, and performance tuning recommendations.
• Experience with SAS Environment Manager is preferred.
• Experience with Security and Authentication topics (related to the access of source data, the access of data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS’ integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP).
• Experience using SAS Management Console (SMC).
Creating Users. Groups and Roles.
Creating and securing folders.
Experience monitoring Logs from within SMC.
Experience defining Servers and changing server definitions.
Experience creating SAS, RDBMS libraries.
• Server Skills.
Understanding server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security.
Knowledge of SAS configuration files such as autoexec, configuration, and environment files.
Starting and stopping servers.
Backup strategies and implementation.
• Security and Authentication (related to the access of source data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP/) across multiple SAS products.
SAS/Access products and configuring to connect RDBMS servers (Oracle).
• Working knowledge of LSF as it pertains to deploying and managing jobs.
• Understand basic Linux commands that will enable you to monitor SAS jobs, ability to move around in a Linux environment as required for basic functioning of SAS, and a good understanding of how Linux and SAS are integrated.
• Be knowledgeable of Base SAS programming (DATA step), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the SAS Macro language for use in understanding current code.
• Thorough understanding of SAS products and how they work together in an environment.
• SAS data source connectivity to the following: Oracle, SQL Server.
• Understanding server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security.
• Manage time utilization for yourself and work with the team to ensure that tasks are completed on or ahead of schedule and that issues are escalated to project or ITS management. Manage multiple work assignments and prioritize appropriately.
• Perform application software installations and upgrades, troubleshoot, test, and develop documentation as needed in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Ensure that all products and services meet organization standards and end-use requirements. Responsible for all application-level support.
• Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels and report monthly to management and stakeholders.
• Responsible for all aspects of license auditing through regular reporting and review, ensuring software is licensed accurately, and coordinating with appropriate parties for new purchases.
• Responsible for the overall availability of the SAS tools and software environments.
• Administer, maintain, and tune the SAS Platform.
• Provides SAS Platform capacity planning, metrics, and performance tuning recommendations.
• Executes actions necessary to achieve and maintain optimum SAS platform performance, reliability, and availability.
• Acts as a SAS subject matter expert and liaison to SAS users and IT.
• Serves as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues and acts as lead liaison with SAS Technical Support to resolve outstanding issues within the SAS environments.
• Collaborates with storage, server, LDAP, database and other IT administrators to support ongoing operations for meeting the business needs via the SAS environment.
• Identifies bottlenecks in production systems and provide solutions.
• Manage metadata identities, users, groups, and roles.
• Ensures the platform is positioned for compliance with IT policies and standards and agreed upon service levels.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Leverage best practices to identify inefficiencies and gaps in current systems and recommend solutions. Drive the design and implementation of new business process as needed. Develop and promote standard operating procedures.
• Maintain awareness of technology and industry trends sufficient to provide input to the selection of technology solutions as well as tools and methodologies.
• Accountable for governance, quality, and integrity of systems and solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree and equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum 3-8 years of experience as a SAS system administrator in a Linux environment.
LOCATION(S): Indianapolis, IN
WORK TYPE: Direct Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, On-site with possible remote
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Gold Alliance & Resell Partner, an Amazon Web Services Advanced Consulting Partner, and creator of the Pinnacle Backpack,™ an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS & all other technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above-market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site or remote consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Our mission is to empower organizations to analyze and interpret the “mountain of data” that they collect and utilize to improve business outcomes, support decision-making, and enable process improvements – from data management and integration to data visualizations and predictive analytics. Join our talented and elite Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about us at thepinnaclesolutions.com.
Powered by JazzHR