Aerotek Senior Planner in Indianapolis, Indiana
Aerotek is hiring a contract Senior Planner for a manufacturing company in Indianapolis.
The Senior Planner is responsible for scheduling multiple work centers within a production area to achieve on-time delivery targets while positioning the production department to achieve maximum production efficiencies. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple priorities within a high mix/high volume environment, possess the ability to communicate throughout the organization and have the proven ability to use data and reports to predict supply issues before they happen.
• Create and update work schedules across multiple work centers within a production department.
• Coordinate and communicate part availability throughout the organization.
• Research material availability and respond to Customer Service for new Sales Order and inquiries.
• Reviews and analyzes production schedules and plant capacity data to drive appropriate OTD.
• Provide timely responses to internal customer inquiries on product availability for expedite shipment.
• Adjust and maintain Work Orders as needed.
• Investigate variances and update work orders accordingly.
• Meets daily with cross-functional team to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identified problems.
• Works shortage reports on a daily basis and expedites when appropriate.
• Identifies and resolves problems working with other production schedulers.
• Executes prioritization changes due to customer requirement or shortage resolution.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain
5+ years of supply chain experience within high production manufacturing setting
Strong understanding of MRP Framework
Nice to have
- APICS certification
Only candidates who meet qualifications will be considered.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs