TEKsystems Senior Helpdesk Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality with the ability to communicate and engage all levels of the program and user community. Individual selected must be comfortable with technology, possess good analytical skills, and superior customer service skills. Individual must be a team player willing to do what is needed to get the job done, and have the capacity to learn and support a wide range of system functionality. The candidate must also be articulate, passionate about helping users, and be an enthusiastic self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. The IT Helpdesk Specialist is the first point of contact for assisting users with application related issues. Daily contact involves communication with local health departments, Funeral Homes, Doctors, hospitals and agency staff via phone calls/email/web conferencing, and application project teams to escalate unresolved issues.
Individual selected should be capable of acting as a liaison with stakeholders to understand the structure and processes of the Vital Records Program area. They will provide technical support and work directly with customers to help solve their problems by optimizing how they utilize applications and solutions to meet their business needs. Individual will need to have a high level of verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to be able to successfully relate to internal and external customers of all levels.
• Actively monitor helpdesk requests and respond to ISDH’s Office of Technology and Compliance in a timely manner.
• Follow up with customer to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Engage and coordinate activities with various resources including but not limited to ISDH Divisions, outside public health institutions, and other state agencies.
• Develop additional training materials as needed for end users.
• Ability to provide ad hoc reports and metrics for users as needed.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
• Ability to provide guidance to users to guarantee exceptional support.
• Ability to support and/or resolving tickets related to Vital Records technology issues submitted to a help desk
• Ability to maintain user confidence and protect operations by maintaining proper information confidentiality.
• Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
• 5-10+yrs Supporting Web and Cloud based systems
• Proven organization, communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to self-manage and complete deliverables.
• Experience in public health or medical related industry.
• Strong understanding of healthcare enterprise systems with the ability to understand and communicate from a business and technical perspective.
• Work experience in Public Heath, Healthcare and Call Center environment is a plus
• Experience with development and presentation of training materials.
• In-depth knowledge of healthcare principles and data.
• Ability to manage projects, tasks, and deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task, effectively manage competing priorities and ambiguity is essential.
• Must be well organized and detail oriented.
• Must exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• User-level Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access
• Ability to make sound decisions regarding when to escalate issues appropriately
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Difficulty of Work:
The employee works in a highly complex technical environment where considerable judgment is needed to adapt to guidelines related to the field. The employee must make compromises consistently to fit unusual or complex conditions. Work is broad in scope where complex variables or considerations, in specific situations, are new or unprecedented.
The employee works independently analyzing and implementing solutions, products, and utilities.
Personal Work Relationships:
Contacts are with the agency program divisions, Information Technology Services Division, other staff, vendors, hospitals, providers, labs and pharmacies, etc. Employee must use diplomacy and persuasion in gaining consensus regarding system issues.
The ability to lift 10 pounds and perform general office work
help desk support, help desk, web application, cloud application, active directory
Top Skills Details:
5 to 10 years Helpdesk/Service Desk experience
Web Based/Cloud Application support experience
Active Directory/Azure technical experience.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs