Fiserv REMOTE ROLE - Container Services Architect in Indianapolis, Indiana
What does a great Containers Services Architect do for Fiserv?
If you are looking for a place to do cutting edge work and make a positive impact right away, this may be the job for you.
The Container Services product team architects, builds, and is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services for our community of 20,000+ developers. Working as a member of this small, agile team of highly skilled Architects/Engineers, you will be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing, and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Product Manager’s roadmap for the service. You will research and experiment with new container-related technologies (after all, the CNCF landscape grows daily) to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve service stability/availability, and improve customer experience. You will evangelize the container services by developing operations and user best practices, contributing to the technical library, and presenting to the user community to drive adoption.
You are the kind of person who can:
• In collaboration with the product manager, develop a roadmap aligned with current and emerging strategic initiatives
• Collaborate with development teams, product managers, business leaders, operations teams and security teams to identify and deliver features of value to the users and the enterprise.
• Drive platform adoption by working with application teams and solution architects to embrace modern practices around developer workflow, application enhancements, build and packaging, application lifecycle, and observability
• Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the infrastructure and software life cycle including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, time-to-market, and value flow for users
• Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
• Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
• When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
• Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
• Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
Additional responsibilities may include the development of comprehensive training, governance, and enablement programs designed to champion a declarative, ‘infrastructure as code’ and ‘automation first’ mindset.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Bachelors Degree or high school diploma/GED
• Minimum of five years of experience building and supporting distributed computing environments.
• Minimum of three years of experience working with container build and runtime technologies.
• Minimum of two years of experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI and IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
• Demonstrated experience providing architectural leadership integrating Kubernetes into large enterprises with substantial cybersecurity and regulatory requirements in a manner that is easily consumable by development teams as a highly automated and resilient service.
• Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, GCP).
• Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems.
• Demonstrated competency in a programming/scripting language, with a strong preference for Go experience.
• Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation API’s using interface definition tools like Swagger.
• Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
• Experience working with one or more CNI provider implementations.
• Demonstrated understanding, and preferably hands-on experience, with APIM Gateways such as Apigee or Kong.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and preferably hands-on experience, with identity and access management standards such a SAML, OAuth 2.0 and OIDC.
• Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container image scans etc.
• Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability technologies, such as Splunk, Fluentd/Fluentbit, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront.
• Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and mitigating controls.
• Demonstrated understanding of Public Key Infrastructure. Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
• Strong understanding of and/or actual hands-on experience deploying and managing a service mesh such as Linkerd or Istio.
• Understanding of the importance of securing the software supply chain, experience implementing automation in this space is a plus.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills For Consideration:
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering or comparable experience
• Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as AKS, EKS or GKE/Anthos is a plus but not required.
• Experience with .Net core.
• Network Security/Firewalls experience and or experience with Kubernetes Network policies
• Experience with Open Policy Agent or other policy engines.
• Experience implementing or working with GitOps tools such as FluxCD or ArgoCD.
• Passionate about developing high quality technology and process-driven solutions to business challenges.
• Passionate about technology and automation.
• Commitment to continued knowledge acquisition and to seeking out opportunities to transfer knowledge and experience to others throughout the enterprise.
Travel required: Less than 10% in the future in line with Fiserv COVID-19 guidelines to work with internal customers and partners on requirements gathering, solutioning, and/or training.
Who We Are:
Looking to move from project to product? So are we. Fiserv’s Delivery, Enablement, Acceleration Labs organization provides the Strategy, Architecture, Engineering, and Process leadership required to facilitate rapid adoption of key new technology capabilities that enable the firm to better serve its clients. We believe that our developers deserve excellent platforms delivered as services that reduce burdens of compliance with enterprise standards, policies, and obligations and speed the company’s delivery of value to our clients. We believe that a multi-cloud Container Service with Kubernetes at the heart is one of those key technologies to accelerate transformation of our infrastructure and applications. The Container Services product team is responsible for ensuring a highly scalable, available hybrid cloud container service globally to support application modernization efforts and rapid adoption of cloud native capabilities across all of Fiserv’s business units. The container service includes container image management, container supply chain management, container security integration, policy management, and a shared path to production.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.
- Fiserv Jobs