Black & Veatch Procurement Coordinator - Power in Indianapolis, Indiana
Procurement Coordinator - Power
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 25783
Job Title : Procurement Coordinator - Power
Location : KCP, USVRTL, VRTLCO, VRTLKS, VRTLMI, VRTLMO, VRTLNC
Business Unit Sector : COR-POWER-PROJECTS SERVICES
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Provide support to the project team with complex procurement post-award activities which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties. Receives minimal supervision.
• Leads and administers the invoicing approval process through the receipt of invoices; contract compliance and coordination with project personnel as needed; routing, tracking of invoices for approval and payments in accordance with the contract; resolution of invoice discrepancies with vendor and/or project team; and collaboration and reporting to project management and cost controls as needed
• Skilled in the overall functions of the Company's Enterprise Procurement System by performing invoice tracking and entering purchase order agreements and revisions
• Leads and administers the contract and contract revision approval processes through preparation of the contract agreement document for execution; conformance of commercial documents and coordination with Engineering regarding the conformed technical documents
• Manages contract and project closeout which may include final payments, and resolution of claims
• Maintains a variety of tracking logs related to contracts, contract revisions, invoices, closeout, etc
• Assists project management with development of Procurement Coordinator processes and flow charts for specific projects
• Trains others in the function of the Procurement Coordinator with oversight from Supervisor
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules
BA or BS degree in Purchasing, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
Strong Attention to detail
Proficient Communication - Written and Oral
Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
Basic Contract Comprehension
Strong Data Entry
Proficient Organizational Skills
Proficient Problem Solving
Basic Project Process Management
Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Travel may be required. Typical office environment. Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time. Computer usage. Keyboarding/typing and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time. Speaking, listening, ability to utilize video conferencing tools/software for communication purposes.
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs