Indianapolis Motor Speedway Plumber, IMS in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway, a subsidiary of Penske Entertainment, is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills are necessary when hosting the Indianapolis 500 and other events. Employees at IMS are challenged daily to excel in an environment featuring a pace that matches the high speed of race cars. Working for us is a demanding yet rewarding endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, history, and tradition at the largest spectator sporting facility in the world.
The plumber is responsible for maintaining the plumbing infrastructure around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which plays host to the World's Largest Single-Day Sporting Event, the Indianapolis 500® and surrounding properties. This full-time position will expose you to many different projects throughout the facility and offers an unmatched opportunity to be a part of the execution and operations of our events.
• With the Foreman, provides support for the Facilities Department.
• Assembles, installs, and repairs fittings, fixtures, and pipes for drainage, heating, and water systems.
• Studies building drawings and plans to determine work aids required as well as sequence of installations.
• Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Locates and marks position of pipe, pipe connections, and passage holes for pipes in floors and walls.
• Cuts openings in floors and walls to accommodate fittings and pipe.
• Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as bathtubs, commodes, dishwashers, drinking fountains, garbage disposals, hot water tanks, misting fans, sinks, water heaters, and water softeners.
• Winterizes select water mains, buildings, concession stands, first aid stations, and restrooms in non-climate-controlled areas to prevent freezing.
• Charges select water mains and makes sure buildings, concession stands, first aid stations, and restrooms are operational for the event season.
• Orders parts and maintains inventory of supplies.
• Assists with planning and execution of upgrading aging plumbing infrastructure.
• Enthusiasm and commitment to the company Vision, Mission and Values.
• Other duties as assigned. The Facilities Department is responsible for the entirety of the ground and buildings at IMS. Due to the sometimes-unpredictable nature of being a multi-event facility, all members of the Facilities team may be required to occasionally help with responsibilities outside their normal job description.
• No supervisory responsibilities
• High school graduate or GED
• Licensed Plumber in the State of Indiana
• Minimum 3 years’ practical experience
• Requires valid driver's license.
• Effective mechanical aptitude.
• Basic computer skills.
• Effective working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written direction.
• Embodies our Core Values: Own Results. Take Initiative. Value Diversity. Stay Resilient & Solution-Oriented. Act with Integrity. Speak Plainly. Build Relationships. Nurture Talent.
• No travel required.
• General hours are Monday-Friday, 7:15am-4pm, however this will vary greatly during events and based on project workload. Candidates must be flexible through the summer and able to work weekends and overtime when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to move heavy objects.
• Ability to enter confined spaces.
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
• Constant standing, walking, stooping, kneeling and repeated bending.
• Constant reaching high/low/level and repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrists or hands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Employee will frequently work outdoors, which requires physical strength and stamina to endure extreme heat, cold, rain and other conditions.
• Work on site may be dirty, dusty, muddy and/or under noisy conditions.
• Position requires working in confined spaces, and at heights.
• The noise level in the work environment can be loud, due to professional racing events.
Full-time employees enjoy a very competitive benefit package. Benefits include: Medical (including tax-advantaged Health Savings Account), Dental, Vision, 401(k) with 100% company match up to 5%, Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, Company Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave, On-site Workout Facility, and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.