Indiana University Health Operating Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Performs scheduled and non-scheduled preventive maintenance, responding to dispatched general maintenance calls, and troubleshooting/repairing secondary utility systems of buildings, plumbing, air-conditioning, electrical and air systems. Maintains, repairs and inspects specialized machinery and equipment in accordance with code and regulatory requirements. Recommends through the appropriate channels any improvements and corrections to the facilities equipment and/or systems that meet overall patient care needs. Coordinates functions with other services and departments. Trains colleagues on various skills and tasks. Acts as a resource or mentor to colleagues and provides general leadership to the team. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• May require a valid Indiana driver?s license with proof of insurance.
• Requires advanced knowledge of specialized areas including electrical secondary systems, plumbing systems, fire system devices and air systems.
• Requires the ability to read and interpret information from complex blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
• Requires extensive knowledge of applicable building codes related to healthcare.
• Requires knowledge of various federal, state, local, OSHA, Life Safety and Joint Commission codes and regulations.
• Requires advanced knowledge in the use of specialized tools.
• Requires basic computer skills.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. REQNUMBER: 304893