Indiana University Health Medical Technologist II (Blood Bank) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Performs laboratory tests on patient specimens and provides information for the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of diseases. Maintains records of performance and utilizes independent judgment to generate acceptable test results within quality control standards. May participate in research and development activities. May act as a key resource person for staff inside and outside of the department. Instructs students, laboratory and non-laboratory staff on laboratory procedures and techniques. Performs all tasks according to standard operating procedures. May work on the development and modification of procedures and assumes additional responsibilities as outlined by management or the laboratory director.
• Requires Bachelor?s Degree in Medical Technology or related sciences.
•Requires one (1) year of relevant experience.
• Requires certification or eligibility for board certification by ASCP; AMT; NCA or equivalent certification.
• Certification must be obtained within 12 months of employment.
• Failure to achieve would result in downgrade to MT-1 position until certification is achieved or loss of employment, dependent on business need.
• Requires knowledge of various complex and lengthy laboratory techniques and procedures.
• Requires knowledge of specialized testing equipment and routine maintenance procedures.
• Requires ability to maintain quality control and other records.
• Requires ability to use computer to enter and retrieve test results.
• Requires analytical skills to make quantitative and qualitative observations.
• Requires ability to work independently; handle constant interruptions and concurrent tasks.
• Requires knowledge of all laboratory safety regulations and protocols. REQNUMBER: 305167