WestRock Material Handler in Indianapolis, Indiana
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
* Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs: *
* The Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS! *
Currently seeking Material Handler (3 rd Shift) for our Inventory Department. Pay Range $12 - $16.80
Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment!
Receive, count, move and stage materials for production jobs as noted on job tickets and schedules in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Track material usage in hard copy and electronic database. Participate in cycle counts of inventory and yearly physical inventory.
How you will impact WestRock
- Works closely with all departments to ensure products are received in and delivered accurately to production jobs in a timely manner.
- Follows all standard operations procedures, work instructions, and current GMPs.
- Operates forklift properly and safely.
- Opens and prepares loads for production.
- Aerates loads for production.
- Communicates effectively with operators.
- Follows all safety rules.
- Assists with timely and accurate period cycle count.
- Assists with the complete annual physical inventory process.
- Assists with the resolution inventory discrepancies.
- Delivers materials to appropriate jobs per job tickets and the schedule; moves and stages materials as needed.
- Manages time effectively.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have valid driver’s license and must have good driving record
- Must be able to pass in-house forklift training.
- Efficient in basic computer skills (e-mail, word processing, database, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read a ruler to 1/64ths.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.