Century Park Maintenance Assistant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Immediate opening for PRN Maintenance Assistant; shifts will vary
The Maintenance Assistant provides quality maintenance services to the Community to maintain the Community’s high standards of cleanliness, safety and polished appearance in accordance with all laws, regulations and Century Park standards. Reports to the Maintenance Director.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year maintenance experience
- Proven knowledge of various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems preferred
Knowledge of local building codes and ordinances preferred Primary Job Responsibilities:
Assists Maintenance Services Director with maintenance programs for heating, cooling, water, gas, electrical, mechanical, grounds, carpentry, painting, sprinklers, fire alarms, plumbing, building exteriors, etc.
- Assists Maintenance Services Director in identifying needed repairs or replacements: apartments, common areas, depart work areas, landscaping, signage, sidewalks, driveway, parking area, fences, curbs, retaining walls, etc.
- Completes work orders from residents and staff
- Completes minor repairs (i.e., icemakers, dyers, washers, dishwashers, small appliances)
- Prepares apartments for residency: wall repairs, painting, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, cabinetry, appliance repair, carpet/draper damage or replacement, etc.
- Assists with preventive maintenance to refurbish or replace deteriorating items and avoid future costly repairs
- Demonstrates energy conservation efforts community wide (i.e., insulation of pipes, no excessive lights burning, thermostat settings, not leaving doors and windows open, wasteful use of water conservation)
- Advises supervisor concerning needed equipment repairs or low supplies
- Completes special projects as directed (i.e., room alterations, major repairs)
- Cleans and dust fire sprinkler heads routinely
- Assists in housekeeping duties were needed
- Handles incoming freight
- Lifts and moves heavy furniture and equipment
- Keeps grounds litter free
- Assists with landscaping and lawn maintenance
- Keeps outside traffic areas free of with debris, snow, ice and other traffic hazards
- Assists with floor maintenance (i.e., shampooing carpet, stripping and waxing)
Assists with resident move in and move out as necessary Additional Requirements:
Must have a valid driver’s license in current State with satisfactory driving record per Century park standards
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing maintenance functions in an assisted living community
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the maintenance department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general maintenance responsibilities, resident rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Century Parks? Code of Ethics and completes all required compliance training Who We Are:
At Century Park Associates, we are dedicated to creating an enriching lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are not only valued, but expected of all our associates. Our “people come first” approach ensures that excellence, respect and outstanding service are apparent in all we do as an organization. We believe in caring for and loving our residents and strongly support their ability to continue growing, learning and contributing. Every day, team members at Century Park Associates choose to go beyond their job descriptions, exceeding expectations, on behalf of their residents. They have learned that those who go the extra mile receive rewards happiness of heart and peace of mind.