Cardinal Health Line Mechanic (Pharmaceutical) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines
What Ops Maintenance contributes to Cardinal Health
Maintenance is responsible for managing the service life of company assets which is inclusive of physical building and utilities, manufacturing/ warehouse equipment and tooling, office devices and physical layout of facility. This responsibility is completed through the management of appropriate internal and external resources as needed to ensure the dependable and safe operations environment necessary for a given Cardinal facility. This group has responsibility for both corrective and preventative maintenance and the necessary systems to manage, schedule and record this activity.
Are you a problem solver who enjoys tinkering with gadgets and equipment? If you love making something from nothing then this mechanic role at our automated pharmaceutical facility is looking for you.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain the plant facility and production equipment
- Providesemergency/unscheduledrepairs of facility and production lines/equipment during production and machine service. Performs scheduled maintenance repairs as needed
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of plant facilities and production lines/equipment
- Reads and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service on plant facilities and production lines/equipment
- Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments on plant facilities and production lines/equipment
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on plant facilities, productions machines and equipment
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Follows Good Documentation Practices
- Networks across business and functional units to achieve positive outcomes
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and follow up skills
- 4+ years experience preferred
- Past automation line experience in a manufacturing facility strongly preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Good written communication skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assignments
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs