Indiana University Health Core Lab Supervisor (Night Shift) in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Lab Supervisor at the Pathology Core Lab supervises and coordinates scheduling and utilization of department laboratories. Provides technical, administrative and logistical instruction and support. Maintains equipment, materials and supply inventories. Ensures accurate record keeping and procedures are in place. May conduct lab procedures, tests and perform research assistance. Ensures quality control and follow-up procedures are developed and implemented. Collects and analyzes data and prepares a variety of special and recurring analyses and reports. Supervises, trains, and monitors work assignments of lab personnel. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate publications and communication/interaction with subject matter experts.
FULL TIME NIGHTS: Monday - Friday, may be asked to cover weekends but no weekend rotation.
• Bachelors in medical technology, chemical, physical or biological science is required.
• Masters in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biological science preferred.
•Requires 3-5 years of training/experience in high complexity testing in the respective specialty.
• Requires appropriate certification by ASCP, AMT, NCA or equivalent certification.
• Background or experience in supervision preferred.
• Requires extensive knowledge about computers and use of various software programs.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of standard operating procedures and testing techniques.
• Requires ability to troubleshoot equipment.
• Requires knowledge of state and federal regulations.