Sirius Computer Solutions Application Security Leader in Indianapolis, Indiana
By joining Sirius, you'll become part of one of the top Security consulting organizations in the US. With 44 years of experience across the IT spectrum, we are uniquely positioned to advise enterprise clients on a wide range of security solutions, from leading vendors such as Checkpoint, Cisco, F5, FireEye, Palo Alto, RSA, Symantec (Blue Coat) and many others. Our depth and breadth of solutions will allow you to make an impact at the cutting edge of IT, while growing your expertise and capabilities through our commitment to professional development.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the overall vision, leadership, direction & strategies associated with the planning, delivery, management, and support of the Security Department team’s solutions and consulting capabilities that supports the Application Security domain.
Application develop is changing in many ways, the next generation of applications lives in the Cloud and securing data is critical from the inception of application, this role helps define the process and approach for accomplishing this and will lead the team to perform this at our Fortune 1000 clients.
As a key member of the Security team, the Application Security Practice Manager will require an in-depth understanding of information security, specifically:
• Design: Requirements, Architecture, Coding Standards, Coding Libraries,
• Test: Dynamic Analysis, Fuzz Testing, Static Analysis, Code Reviews, Component Lifecycle Management,
• Fix: Secure Coding Remediation, Virtual Patching, and
• Govern: SDLC Integration, Metrics and Reporting, Application Security Training.
The role is responsible for defining the security go to market around services and building the team to deliver these services. The role also has direct responsibility for guiding the direction of the products in this market space. While traditional services such as static and dynamic testing are typical in this security domain, this role is responsible for emerging technologies, such as runtime application self-protection, interactive application security testing, application control and other emerging solutions need to become, as appropriate, part of the go to market strategy.
The role also includes integration of our services and alignment with other practices to ensure a holistic set of solutions for our clients, essentially working cross practice.
The role is part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring customer and business focus and demonstrated skills/experience associated with leadership, management and technology.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by this role:
• Develop the go to market plan for application security solutions; own the goals revenue associated with the plan
• Provide insight to the portfolio of products that should be taken to market
• Responsible for designing, building and managing the Security Solutions Application Security team to support customer needs for security operational improvements and security program enhancements
• Responsible for partnering closely with partners and key staff to develop go to market methodologies and approaches that are current and relevant to the market place
• Enable field teams to position and sell solutions; lead overall Application Security Team to engage and deliver successfully to clients
• Coach and mentor team members staff
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• College Bachelor’s Degree
• Masters preferred
• Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Salesforce skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong business and technology acumen
• Solid understanding of overall IT
Other Position Requirements:
• Overall 15 plus years’ experience working in security; 10 plus years’ experience in application security
• 10 plus years’ leadership experience successfully building collaborative relationships with customers, executives and key business partners
• Experience working successfully with partnering with senior leadership across various business units, functions and geographies
• 5 plus years leading building and leading consulting teams
• Significant experience in successfully planning, managing and executing large application security consulting projects, including working with development teams, at Fortune 1000 clients;
• Experience with secure coding process for native applications, continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) models for Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC); and experience working with DevOps and App toolchain
• Solid understanding of Security product/software life cycles
• Ability to strategically partner with customers, executives, business partners, IT team members and IT partners/vendors to successfully deliver on IT Security vision, direction, strategies and key priorities.
• Strong team/talent/people leadership & management skills & experience
• Strong customer management negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the pros and cons of various technology decisions and solutions.
• Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting customer demands and crisis management
• Limited travel will be required to engage with the national team and potentially clients, it is not expected to be more than 50%
Data Privacy and Security:
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.