Universal Forest Products Maintenance Mechanic I - 3rd Shift in Granger, Indiana
The Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for performing the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and tools, and the preparation, usage and maintenance of woodworking tooling.
Works under general supervision; relies on experience and general instructions to perform the functions of the job.
- Repairs woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
- Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
- Prepares and maintains tooling for all machines.
- Performs set ups, tune ups and runs equipment and machinery around the plant.
- Orders supplies and parts as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Maintains records of purchase, repair and maintenance activities.
- Manages tooling inventory.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs duties consistent with hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled