United States Steel Process Manager II - Maintenance in Gary, Indiana
10539BRMid-Level:Gary Works Work Location:GARY WORKSJob Description:U. S. Steel has an immediate opening for a Process Manager – Maintenance.
This position will use electrical and mechanical knowledge, predictive and preventative maintenance procedures that will support a time based maintenance system to maximize efficiency of the plant equipment.
The position will report to the Area Manager, and supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment to manufacture pipe by performing the following duties including but not limited to:
• Reasonable electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting Reduce unit downtime, improve performance of facility and advance preventative maintenance
• Assist workers in diagnosing malfunction in machinery and equipment
• Requisition parts, services and supplies as required
• Maintain the spare parts system
• Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assign duties accordingly
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew
• Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
• Maintain a professional relationship with employees in the area ensuing that safety, environmental, and production aspects will not be compromised
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
• Manage activities to stay within the forecasted budget
• Maintain payroll, spending, maintenance and other pertinent records
• Manage activities to meet departmental requirements and coordinate efforts with other areas/departments
Minimum qualifications for the role
• A minimum of a 2 year college or university program certificate relating to electrical maintenance; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience managing in a manufacturing/production environment preferred
• Strong background in maintenance and computer skills required
• Experience working with bargaining unit / wage employees is desirable.Auto req ID:10539BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Maintenance Process Manager - Iron ProducingState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:Gary Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Preferred Skills:Electrical background preferred.Competency Summary:Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver ResultsEqual Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)