NSK Americas Maintenance Technician in Franklin, Indiana
Provides production support by repairing or maintaining all types of manufacturing equipment mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic systems as well as maintaining building and central systems. Investigates problem areas; evaluates alternatives; then implements any changes and/or procedure modifications. Capable of working with limited supervision. This position could require working off shifts as required.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Observes and evaluates mechanical devices in operation to
• Observes and evaluates mechanical devices in operation to locate sources of problems; listens for problems; uses precision measuring and testing instruments.
Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
Controls downtime by informing/training production team
• Controls downtime by informing/training production team members of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- This job requires a minimum of a Technical Diploma or Associate’s Degree in a related field and 2 to 4 years of position-related experience; preferably 4 to 6 years of position-related experience.
Physical & Environmental Demands - General Activities
Carrying (under 10 lbs.)
Lifting (under 10 lbs.)
Generous vacation and holidays
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Flexible Spending Account
Competitive Salary with Benefits
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
External Company Name: NSK Americas
External Company URL: www.nskamericacorp.com
Street: 3450 Bearing Drive
Post End Date: 4/18/2021