Airgas Usa LLC Field Service Technician in Fort Wayne, Indiana
/ Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? /
Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Field Service Technician in Fort Wayne, IN!
What you will do: The (Cryogenic) Field Service Technician is responsible for installing and servicing on-site nitrogen generation plants and bulk medical or industrial gas systems in a safe and operationally effective manner, in accordance with all federal, state/provincial and local codes, and Airgas policies.
Installs and maintains nitrogen on-site generation equipment.
Installs cryogenic bulk installations both at Airgas facilities and customer sites.
Repairs pressure reduction equipment associated with bulk delivery systems.
Analyzes and makes general repairs to electrical systems associated with N2 generation and cryogenic installations, including: motor controls and relays, low pressure, high pressure and liquid level alarm systems.
Installs decals and warning signs for the proper identification of hazards, warnings, ownership, normal operational settings, emergency contacts, etc.
Performs installation of piping systems in accordance with company SOP’s.
Performs Site Surveys to assure compliance with all federal, state/provincial and local codes.
Assures security fencing is provided to protect installations from tampering or unauthorized entry.
Performs periodic preventative maintenance tasks on N2 generation equipment based on the PM schedule.
Performs annual inspections of all bulk installation sites to assure their condition and correct operation.
Adheres to and ensures that safety policies and procedures are followed.
Maintains an appropriate stock of recommended parts necessary to repair typical installations within the assigned customer base.
What you will need:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· HVAC or refrigeration certification or American Society Safety Engineers (ASSE) Medical Gas Credentials are a plus.
· Must have, or be able to obtain as condition of employment, a Certified Brazer Certificate, within 30 days of employment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Minimum of two (2) years of industrial field service experience, preferably in gas generations systems. Prior electrical, welding, brazing process experience a plus.
· Able to respond to emergencies 24 hours per day. Arrangements for emergency coverage are made when a technician is unavailable for personal reasons or paid time off.
· Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook E-mail).
· Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrating tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers; and handling proprietary information.
· Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
· Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Understanding of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 99 and NFPA 55 requirements.
· Understand the characteristics and hazards of cryogenic and high pressure gases in general, and have specific knowledge and understanding of the products, containers and piping systems which will be encountered in the performance of their job duties.
· Ability to work with cryogenic equipment, pumps, pressure piping, compressors, and to troubleshoot system problems.
· Ability to perform regulator repairs, repair piping/liquid leaks, etc.is a plus.
· Ability to read blueprints and design specifications, manufacturer drawings, architectural drawings related to bulk delivery sites associated with customer installations.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
· Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
· Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to set goals and manage time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and achievement of goals are accomplished and manage and execute multiple tasks or priorities as necessary
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Indiana-Fort Wayne-46803-3020
Requisition ID: 19597
Other Locations: United States-Indiana-Elkhart-46514, United States-Indiana-South Bend-46628