Rural Sourcing Inc., (RSI) Associate Java Developer in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Associate Java Developer – Rural Sourcing
Bringing IT jobs back to the United States – that’s what Rural Sourcing does. Getting the opportunity to work on Fortune 1,000 client projects in a fun, collaborative environment while continuously sharpening your technical skills – that’s what you’ll do when you work here!
So who are we, you ask? We are Rural Sourcing, and we believe there is a simple formula for our success; Colleagues, Clients, and Community. We know that without great Colleagues on our team, we can’t provide the stellar Client services we’re known for in the Communities in which we are located. If you are ready to kick off your loafers and join a company with a refreshing culture and great career opportunities, Rural Sourcing could be your new home!
A Day in the Life of a Rural Sourcing Java Developer:
The Associate Java Developer will work on diverse client projects with collaborative team members to develop content management systems or web applications using Java. The Java developer will be involved in the various phases of the system development life cycle; including design, testing, training, implementation and support.
- Design, code, and testing of business systems to meet client requirements
- Responsible for successful completion of code deliverables within projects
- Responsible for ensuring code meets specifications
- Design and code reporting requirements to perform efficiently, operationally stable, maintainable and meet the client requirements
Expertise a Rural Sourcing Colleague will need:
- 0-2 Years of experience as a software developer
- Object-oriented knowledge (Java preferred)
- Exposure to web development with HTML, CSS, and DHTML
- Exposure to open source frameworks and tools (Apache Sling. Ant, Maven, JQuery, JSON)
- Exposure in open source or commercial content management systems (Alfresco, Drupal, or Lenya)
- Knowledge of web-based development with a focus on Java (Java Server Pages, Java Server Faces, Struts and Apache Sling)
- Exposure to Web 2.0 development in Java and skills considered to be a plus are: REST, JSON, AJAX and XML
- Knowledge of open standards (XML, LDAP)
- Good SQL database skills
- Strong understanding of system development life cycle and methodologies
Why you will enjoy Mondays again:
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture – because who wants to be bored at work?
- Tuition Reimbursement –_ “Much to learn, you still have” –Yoda, Star Wars_
- Ongoing Training and Development – learning from others and sharing your two cents!
- Room for Growth and Progressive Career Path
- Casual Dress – jeans welcome!
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Package – because we all need that peace of mind.
- 401(k) Plan – don’t we all have that retirement dream home?
- Work from Home Days – sometimes it's just nice to stay in your PJ's
- Substantial Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rural Sourcing is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Job Code: 504
# of Openings: 1