TEKsystems Sr. Desktop Engineer in Fishers, Indiana
• 5+ years of experience in end user device engineering.
• 5+ years of experience with device/System Center Management tools.
• Professional Certifications desired (Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator, MSCE, AWS Solutions Architect, Network+, A+, etc.).
• Experience with Modern Device Management (MDM) tools, including Windows Autopilot and Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
• Experience with deployment and administration of virtual desktop solutions, including Amazon Workspaces, Hyper-V, VMWare, and Windows Virtual Desktop.
• Experience with environmental management and administration via Azure Active Directory.
• Expert troubleshooting skills surrounding complex technical end user device issues in large distributed environment.
• Expert understanding of Windows 10 Operating System, including build updates.
• Expert understanding of Microsoft Security Patching process.
• Expert understanding of Microsoft Group Policy administration in a client/server environment.
• Expert understanding of Windows Registry architecture.
• Advanced knowledge of various scripting methodologies (PowerShell, SQL, AWS CLI, Python, etc.).
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office 365 product deployment/administration.
• Strong Microsoft Office365 application suite usage skillset, including Teams, Visio, and SharePoint.
• Fluent in usage and administration of multiple Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows Server, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.).
• Basic understanding of network infrastructure and protocols.
• Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: exceptional customer service, creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams, acute attention to detail and quality, ability to self-manage.
• Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to work occasional after hours and weekends
• Occasional travel required.
Desktop Engineering, Application Packaging, Azure AD, AWS Workspace, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, SCCM, Autopilot, VDI, Hyper V, MSCE
Top Skills Details:
Desktop Engineering,Application Packaging,Azure AD,AWS Workspace,Microsoft Endpoint Manager,SCCM,Autopilot
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
DAY TO DAY:
• Manage and administer Enterprise devices via Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
• Create/maintain Operating System images & automated deployment methodology (Windows Autopilot).
• Create automated software and solutions packages for deployment to Enterprise devices.
• Manage and oversee monthly Windows Security Patch deployment.
• Manage and oversee mass software update/deployment efforts to Enterprise devices.
• Generate and manage various reports as requested.
• Virtual Desktop deployment and administration.
• Zero/Thin Client deployment and administration.
• Perform routine environmental assessment exercises and ensure the continued enhancement/modernization of the client's end user computing environment.
• Participate in Major Incident response activities; ensure timely remediation of outage(s), perform root cause analysis , and develop/implement long-term solution to mitigate future risk.
• Research complex technical problems and identify, implement, and communicate technical fixes.
• Function as a resource for projects, including new hardware/software solution introduction, Windows/Office365 upgrades, and other technology advancement initiatives.
• Partner with the Security team to engineer solutions for end user device security.
• Function as technical escalation point for large scale or aging end-user problems.
• Functions as a third line of support after all tiered resources have been exhausted.
• Partner with 3rd party vendors to deliver results in various support/project-based initiatives.
• Write, edit and maintain Policies & Procedures documentation.
• Serve as a mentor/Subject Matter Expert for Desktop Engineering team members, as well as Technical/Desktop Support staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs