CSX Track Supervisor- Evansville, IN in EVANSVILLE, Indiana
Title: Track Supervisor- Evansville, IN
Location: United States-IN-Evansville
Job Number: 047475
Inspects and maintains all track structure and right-of-way (ROW) to specifications set by CSX Transportation (CSXT) and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA). Directly supervises and develops track forces to ensure quality maintenance and safe work performance. Monitors all aspects of safety and overall track inspection and maintenance in assigned area of responsibility on a division. Leads and manages the personal safety and track safety processes and ensures policy compliance.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Manage safe and efficient work conditions.
- Efficiently plan work and allocate resources to ensure timely accomplishment of tasks
- Inspect production gang work and track construction projects to ensure quality compliance.
- Monitor track inspection periodically to ensure that all Federal and CSX requirements are being met by Track Inspectors.
- Ensure that any defects found by geometry cars and rail test cars are corrected by proper remedial action, within proper time frames using the CSX Integrated Track Inspection System (ITIS) and CSX Geometry Exceptions Management System (GEMS) for reporting and tracking work.
Conduct efficiency and operational tests.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport across departments, sub-departments, and public agencies.
- Effectively utilize performance management and interpersonal skills to ensure timely feedback and coaching as required to maintain discipline and improve performance.
- Ensure compliance to budget with hiring, overtime, and materials procurement.
- Conduct engineering activities at major derailments and natural disasters.
- Conduct efficiency and operational tests.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Associates Degree/2-year Degree
- Less than 1 year of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- Bachelor's Degree/4-year Degree
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- Microsoft Office skills (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Engineering and Construction knowledge
- Railroad industry knowledge
- Knowledge of FRA regulatory standards
- Knowledge of basic track maintenance [e.g. CSX Engineering Field Manual and Maintenance of Way Instructions (MWI)]
- Knowledge of curve elevation design theory and string lining curves
- Knowledge of derailment investigations
- Knowledge of track inspections
The CSX Leadership Model is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following: producing results, creating change, and inspiring excellence.
- Different shifts as assigned in a 24 hour/7 days a week operation (incl working weekends)
- May be required to complete a background check
- Wear protective equipment (such as welding shields, hard hat, hearing protection)
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
- On the road as often as possible within assigned territory
Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. When a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers and the communities. In line with our commitment to safety, the applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete medical screenings and a background check.
CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products. For nearly 200 years, CSX has played a critical role in the nation's economic expansion and industrial development. Its network connects every major metropolitan area in the eastern United States, where nearly two-thirds of the nation's population resides. It also links more than 230 short-line railroads and more than 70 ocean, river and lake ports with major population centers and farming towns alike. More information about CSX Corporation and its subsidiaries is available at www.csx.com. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
At CSX, two of our five Guiding Principles are Valuing and Developing Employees as well as Operating Safely. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster.
Click here to view the OFCCP pay transparency provision information.
CSX Transportation and its subsidiaries are not seeking outside assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Any resumes submitted by an outside vendor to any employee at CSX via e-mail, Internet, or directly to hiring managers without a valid written search agreement in place with the Talent Acquisition / HR department will be deemed the sole property of CSX. No placement fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired as a result of the referral, or through other means.