Flanders Mechanic, North Plant in Evansville, Indiana
We're looking for full-time Mechanics with strong safety orientation and attention to detail. You'll pay a key role within a team that will work together to build components of and repair AC and DC motors.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
- Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function.
- Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Work in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are fulfilled and deadlines are met. Work at a pace that meets expected productivity goals.
- Operate various pieces of equipment including a buffer, air tools, hand and foot shear, and hoists.
- Make recommendations for manufacturing and safety process improvement.
- Meet production goals and quality standards.
The position requirements are:
- Mechanic experience preferred.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple to moderately complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to standard/routine duties within set company standards.
- Ability to operate fork lift trucks, and other equipment.
- Ability to receive respirator clearance.
- Ability to read tape measures, dial calipers, and micrometers.
- Very infrequent overnight travel may be required to other company sites or customer sites. Please attach a resume and include a cover letter describing why you are qualified for this role based on the position requirementsdescribed above.
Location: Evansville, IN