Berry Global AUTOMATION FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN in EVANSVILLE, Indiana
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Purpose: The Automation Field Service Technician is responsible for the debug, startup, commissioning and installation of new and rebuilt automated equipment. The ideal candidate will play a fundamental role in the successful implementation and vertical integration of automated equipment.
· Monitor and apply safety standards to maintain a safe working environment
· Provide in house support with the debug, setup and commissioning of automated equipment in preparation for customer acceptance testing and system delivery.
· Provide field support to assist with equipment service, installation, startup, commissioning and training.
· Provide mechanical support, including but not limited to, assembly, disassembly and rebuild of automated systems.
· Provide electrical support, including but not limited to, panel building, field wiring, troubleshooting and component setup.
· Support Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams as needed.
· Associates degree in Technical field or Equivalent experience.
· Motivated, self-starter, with a willingness to grow and learn new skills.
· Personable, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with corporate engineers and plant personnel.
· Working knowledge of both AC & DC electrical circuitry.
· Working knowledge of mechanical systems.
· Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Working knowledge of machine control systems. E.g. (PLC’s, HMI’s, Robot Controllers, Motion Control, VFD’s)
· Reasoning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work well in a goal oriented, team environment.
· Prior field service, automated equipment or electrical controls experience.
· Experience with AutoCad or other design software.
· Working knowledge of machine vision systems E.g. (Cognex, Keyence, Banner, CI Vision, Teledyne-Dalsa)
· Experience with various programming languages. E.g. (Structured Text, Function Block, Sequential Function Charts, Visual Basic)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/9032/automation-field-service-technician/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Job ID 2021-9032
Position Type Regular Full-Time
- Berry Global Jobs