Bull Moose Industries Quality Manager in Elkhart, Indiana
BULL MOOSE TUBE COMPANY, a progressive organization dedicated to meeting our customers' perception of quality, has an opportunity for an energetic, customer focused leader for our industrial manufacturing site in Elkhart, Indiana. The Quality Manager will champion quality improvement initiatives and ensure that on-going product quality, audits and regulatory requirements are met or exceeded. We are seeking an individual who has a strong process background in the metals industry. A metallurgist would be ideal as this is a very hands on position needing someone who is capable of moving our QMS forward. The position supervises a QA team at the Elkhart site and is a key member of the site's leadership team.
Specific job requirements include the following:
- Ensure that customer requirements and expectations have been identified and met as part of a customer-focused culture.
- Coordinating all quality audits and management reviews, including micrometer audit process.
- Maintaining ISO 9001 certification by working with other site managers, process owners and supervisors to ensure they maintain and enhance their portions of the quality management system.
- Interacting with customers on quality issues, often as the face of the company to the customer.
- Providing oversight of preventive and corrective action requests
- Ensuring that organizational systems and training are in place, including Quality onboarding to align with production.
- Overseeing calibration and testing programs
- Other duties involve coordination of the Quality Lab, CVN, and Crush Test
- Assisting in development of quality goals and metrics for the site's strategic plan.
- Brown Book value review/recalculation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, quality, a technical field, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of work experience in quality assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a quality assurance manager. QMS experience necessary.
- Strong process background in the metals industry strongly desired
- Metallurgist preferred
Excellent benefits and compensation are available.
Applications are accepted on-line only and local candidates are preferred. If you are interested in joining a dynamic organization that rewards results, please apply on-line at: www.bullmoosetube.iapplicants.com
Very competitive compensation and benefits package
Location: Elkhart, IN, USA
Employment Type: Full Time