UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Program Manager in Crane, Indiana
Tracking Code GXP-21-0762-F
Job Code 21-0762
Posting Title Program Manager
Post Date 5/21/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
Description PROGRAM MANAGER (GXP-21-0762-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Program Manager to join our team in supporting a newly awarded, five year contract at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division. This contract will support the Strategic Systems Guidance, Navigation and Control Division (GXP). GXP’s mission is to provide electrical, electronic and mechanical design engineering, software engineering, acquisition, development, new design concepts, software and hardware platforms, production, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, reliability, maintenance, and sustainment functions for a variety of platforms, missile systems, and test facilities. This Program Manager will support the Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) Logistics Support division.
Duties will include:
• Developing and executing review schedule for 1st and 2nd level maintenance procedures and provide status as needed
• Retrieving, maintaining and reviewing 1st and 2nd level maintenance procedures for TMDE and provide status as needed
• Incorporating maintenance procedures into applicable TMDE Substitution Guide(s); coordinating technical reviews and authorizing allowable substitutions while providing status as needed
• Generating, downloading and uploading data files, generating and processing change requests and distribution letters for TMDE Substitution Guide(s) and TMDE Selection List publications
• Processing incoming documentation; updating and maintaining documentation list including classified material; performing inventory of documentation; disposition documentation and maintaining contact with SSP librarian(s)
• Attending internal project meetings as well as internal and external documentation meetings as needed
• Will provide status reports and prepare briefings for internal and external meetings as needed
• Performing administrative and investigative functions for Strategic Weapon System Trouble Failure Reporting (TFR) Program
• Processing trouble failure reports within Microsoft Access database; ensure TFRs are processed IAW program instructions by running queries, generating metrics, maintaining user accounts and must stay abreast of programmatic changes including security classification and the software application used to process TFRs, the Corrective Action Activity (CAA) Community and will provide status reports as needed
• Investigate TFRs pertaining to TMDE by consulting with project team members to resolve TFRs; provide responses to TFRs, generate TFRs as needed and provide status reports as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
Bowhead personnel in the GXP Division will provide support services areas of research and development; system/software/safety engineering, analysis, design, test and evaluation; prototyping, preproduction and fabrication; reliability and maintainability; logistics and configuration management; quality assurance; in-service engineering and field service; material handling, maintenance and repair, and inventory management services.
Requirements • A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to at least five (5+) years of experience in a similar role
• Prior experience with supporting NSWC Crane and/or Government contracting programs is required
• Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs