The Tatitlek Corporation Material Coordinator in Crane, Indiana
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications arenot_ intended to reflect all duties performed within the job._
The Material Coordinator will provide integrated material management support for the Material and Asset Management Office, NSWC Crane, IN and its customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
*Essential functions are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. This list of essential functions is not intended to reflect every duty that may be performed within the job. *
Receiving and Distribution of Materials
- Provide a full range of Supply Chain Management Support; this shall include assisting with the receiving, stowing, and preparation for the disposal of excess Government Property (GP) prior to DLA Disposition, preserving, and the overall maintenance and care of material in storage and updating, coordinating and maintaining material inventory and accountability using Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Materials warehoused include general consumables, classified, sensitive, pre-expended bins, inventory materials, and bulk items.
- The contractor will be responsible for the inventory areas and the conditions to maintain accountability of the materials they have been tasked to support.
- Visually Inspect material delivered to NSWC receiving area, this shall include counting the number of pieces shipped, and number of pieces received; perform a package inspection, and annotate any material damage or suspected damage; annotate overages/shortages; erroneous delivery addresses and identify errant shipping methods in the protection of the materials.
- Assist in receiving and offload material from Commercial Carriers, the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Storage, NSWC Crane Customer returning items, and other Government activities
- Route and expedite materials according to customer need and priority as prioritized by the government.
- Work with the government point of contact to assist with any deficiencies with non-complying parts failing to meet the form, fit, and functional requirements and to resolve the QDR.
- Implement process and accountability of non-conforming materials
- Report counterfeit material as detected to the customers and Material and Asset Management Office.
- Generate informational reports to the government for the Supply Discrepancy Report (SDR) or Transportation Discrepancy Report (TDR) as required.
- Research unlabeled and missed labeled (frustrated) materials then initiate a search to determine the origin or destination of the material. Working with the Requiring Technical Activity (RTA) determine if a delivery is required, receipt need to be generated, or return to the vendor is required, as well as, mode of transportation to be used.
- Perform the appropriate transactions in ERP and provide documentation to the government as identified in NSWC Crane’s local instructions and Business Processes.
- Shall assist with the development, maintenance, and execution of a Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation (PHS&T;) Plan that identifies the strategy for safely packaging, handling, storing, tracking, and transporting systems.
- Shall keep a complete inventory of material in ERP to include quantity, stock number/part number, unit price, overall dollar amount, location, and program association. Material shall be properly labeled, secured, and identified to ensure accountability at all times.
- Shall perform monthly spot inventories of 3% of the total line items. Monthly reports shall be provided to the Material and Asset Manager of the findings for a calendar month and are due on or before assigned dates. Any inventory discrepancies shall be identified, researched, and resolved to eliminate material impacts. Any problem areas shall be identified and corrective actions/processes shall be developed to ensure the integrity and accuracy of inventory records. Contractor will reconcile discrepancy and complete applicable transaction NLT 10 days following identification of discrepancy. All inventories will be coordinated with the Material and Asset Management Office.
- Upon notification from the Government, the contractor will initiate a request for issue (RFI) within one business day of the request for local issues from long-term storage warehouse to replenish the inventory and pre-expended bin levels.
- Shall will work with the customer to understand the schedule and workload; perform analysis to identify the maximum and minimum stocking levels while taking into consideration the space available within the storeroom; provide recommendations for the re-order lead time to ensure parts availability meets the demand.
- Assist in developing and implementing a support to plan, attend meetings as required, prepare briefing material, and update project programs support
- Other job duties as assigned.
Qualifications- Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School diploma and Five (5) years experience.
- Military service/experience suitable substitute for education requirements.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Contractor will be required to wear safety shoes obtain, maintain a Material Handling Equipment (MHE) license in order to utilize Government own MHE, and comply with local PPE Instruction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally crawl and be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in a warehouse setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when on field assignments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Tatitlek will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
*Native preference applies. *
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
Tracking Code: 3445-205
Job Location: Crane, Indiana, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular