Allegion Accelerated Development Program for Engineering - Firmware (Carmel, IN) in Carmel, Indiana
Accelerated Development Program for Engineering - Firmware (Carmel, IN)
Accelerated Development Program for Engineering - Firmware (Carmel, Indiana)
The Accelerated Development Program for Engineering (formerly known as the Advanced Engineering Innovation Program) is a 18-24 month early career training and development program that offers participants the opportunity to further develop their skills within their engineering competency while building breadth and knowledge of Allegion’s other areas of engineering and business functions.
The program consists of four (4) major pillars:
- Continue to develop technical competency with your engineering competency via assignments and/or experiences in New Product Development (NPD), Sustaining and Advanced Development & Innovation.
- Drive cross functional experiences via assignments and/or experiences in other areas such as Product Management, Sourcing, cross discipline in Engineering, among others.
- Focused curriculum of training in other areas of the business. This may include End User Test, Call Center, Change Management, IP/Legal, among others. These trainings may be live or via Allegion Academy (Allegion’s e-learning management system).
- Encourage growth through Strengths Coaching, Leadership Behaviors and Change Management. Participants will also be paired with a mentor to help with growth and development during the program.
What to expect….
You will be assigned to an Electronic Lock life cycle Team
You will learn Firmware development tools and practices (configuration management, bug tracking, testing, etc.)
You will learn the firmware engineering process from start to finish—including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, system testing, and production implementation
You will gain customer experience – visit job site as an Engineering Representative and assist with problem solving
You will learn how the components of a design and/or product interact
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science by the start of the program (June 2019).
Previous co-op or intern experience in engineering
Detail oriented with a high level of organization and time management skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills essential along with a bias for action.
Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Geographically flexible and willing to relocate during the program.
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 at graduation.
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.