Valero Process Operator - Bluffton Ethanol Plant in BLUFFTON, Indiana
Oversees the operation of the plant, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
- Monitors use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Reviews the operation of the plant constantly to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Communicates directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Samples and tests process streams as required by the QA/QC program and procedures.
- Maintains QA/QC records.
- Understands and interprets QA/QC results and takes appropriate action when required.
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Assists maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Knows and understands city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to process operations and works in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Works in a safe manner at all times.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Monitors use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies. This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay
Please click on the following link to view what the Process Operator job involves on a day to day basis:Realistic Job Preview
* High school diploma or GED required. * Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
About Valero Renewables – Bluffton
Valero's Bluffton ethanol plant is located in Bluffton, Indiana, about 30 miles south of Fort Wayne. The bio-refinery sits on 422 acres and started ethanol production in September 2008. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Bluffton plant annually processes nearly 38 million bushels of corn into 120 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery has a nameplate capacity of 110 million gallons of ethanol per year and employs approximately 60 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IN-Bluffton
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2021, 9:52:22 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 21001BC
- Valero Jobs