Valero Manager Engineering - Ethanol Plant in BLUFFTON, Indiana
Responsible for advancing strategic and tactical engineering solutions to maintain, correct and improve plant operations, and the total quality management of the design, management and delivery of plant engineering projects. Contributes at the Valero Renewables fleet level as a resource.
- Drives continuous improvement of plant engineering standards and work processes.
- Manages the on-going engineering review, analysis, problem solving, and trouble-shooting the plant systems and equipment.
- Provides overall management for the facility’s Process Safety Management (PSM) program ensuring the program is up to date and complies with OSHA requirements.
- Recommends engineering modifications or new equipment additions to improve operational performance.
- Develops plans and implements capital projects relating to process improvements and plant expansions.
- Develops and maintains multi-year budget for all plant capital projects.
- Manages engineering project teams to deliver engineering solutions.
- Manages and oversees the milestones, deliverables and costs for plant engineering projects.
- Leads Plant Investigation Protocol and manages documentation of events.
- Demonstrates leadership in Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance.
- Oversees development of plant specifications for equipment, piping, electrical, instrumentation, etc.
- Coordinates all activities necessary to complete design, development, and implementation of engineering projects.
- Prepares work assignments and monitors technical progress of projects.
- Manages development of engineering proposals.
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to engineering staff, including assignment and work schedule, monitoring performance, coaching and mentoring, and assuring the quality of work performed by engineering staff.
- Acts as Manager on-call on a rotational basis.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in Engineering required.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Ten years of project management, plant engineering or process engineering experience required.
- Experience in ethanol production, chemical processing, or oil refining preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Relocation assistance is available.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 14 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.7 billion gallons per year.
About Valero Renewables – Bluffton
Valero Renewables-Bluffton is located about 30 miles south of Fort Wayne, IN. The bio-refinery sits on 422 acres and started ethanol production in September 2008. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Bluffton plant annually processes nearly 38 million bushels of corn into 120 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery has a nameplate capacity of 110 million gallons of ethanol per year and employs approximately 60 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans. *LI-LP1
Primary Location: US-IN-Bluffton
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 4:07:43 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18001I4