Indiana University Health Monitor Technician-Supplemental in Bloomington, Indiana
IU Health consists of team members who are passionate about challenging and significant work for the good of every patient. We are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek excellence every day.
Sound like a perfect match? Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you!
We are offering on the job training, no experience necessary.
Responsible for the cardiac monitoring of patients including those with technological support (i.e., pacemakers, AICD). Documents changes in rhythm and reports these changes according to established protocol.
• Requires high school graduate or equivalent. Requires successful completion of Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia course; anatomy and physiology courses and/or related courses.
• Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies. Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia course and/or related courses required.
• Requires current Basic Life Support certification through the AHA.
• Requires thorough knowledge of arrhythmia recognition.
• Requires good visual acuity and sustained concentration to effectively observe cardiac rhythms on CRTs.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Previous experience with telemetry monitoring or related field is preferred.