Cook Medical Intern - Procurement in Bloomington, Indiana
This position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, an assigned mentor, capstone presentation, and intern events. If working onsite, you will also have access to a fitness center, an onsite cafeteria option, and a one-time housing stipend. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
The Global Procurement team works closely with cross-functional internal teams, particularly R&D Engineering, Facilities, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, HR and Legal to develop and maintain category strategies which align with the goals of each stakeholder. The Global Procurement team acts as a liaison between external parties (suppliers) and the internal stakeholders communicating the needs of Cookand ensuring the complete delivery of such. The Global Procurement Intern will support various categories within the Global Procurement team and assist in meeting the department goals.
• Develop procurement fundamentals• Develop supplier management skills• Assist in developing procurement strategies with a goal of improving quality, efficiency and value• Build on analytics skills• Work with cross-function teams providing Procurement representation and support
• Analyze Supplier spend data provided by Finance• Work with internal stakeholders to identify requirements for purchased goods/services• Communicate with suppliers• Provide summary and recommendations to internal stakeholders
• Analyze spend data to ensure Suppliers are correctly categorized• Provide internal stakeholders with recommendations of Suppliers based on identified needs• Send RFQ (request for quote) to suppliers
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Business, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance)
• General computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office)• Ability to self-manage• Strong verbal and written communication skills• Strong analytical skills• Detail oriented
Posting Date1 month ago(9/25/2020 9:32 AM)
Job Location(s)Bloomington IN United States
CompanyCook Medical Holdings