Goldman Sachs & Co. Software Engineer - Web Developer - User Experience - Front End Engineering in Bengaluru, Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm’s business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
User Experience’s Products team is responsible for building and delivering the tools which power the firm's revamped intranet and award-winning public website.The team is seeking an experienced full stack Web developer to focus on extending and expanding the firm's intranet and blogging platforms, as well as the corporate website. The primary application stack---a microservices architecture comprising modern homegrown and open-source components---is defining and delivering a newly redesigned Web experience for stakeholders across the firm and the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The right candidate will use their experience to help us build a high quality web experience which delights our users. Leveraging expert knowledge, modern frameworks, and partnering with our developers and designers, he/she will deliver best in class solutions which will ultimately enhance our employees experience and productivity.
• The ideal candidate would be a highly-motivated self-starter for the group's front-end application development activities, as well as serving as a thought leader for cross-team projects and the team's developer-outreach activities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Back-end development skills, ideally in Java or a similar OO language.
• Working knowledge of databases (NoSQL and/or relational), RESTful service architectures, and Web architecture components (e.g., NGINX, Varnish, Apache, etc.)
• Experience collaborating with Web designers or working within the constraints of a specifically designed Website. Candidates should understand how a site functions visually, be able to execute new functionality within a design's grammar, and show the capability to spot and correct visual defects.
• Strong communication skills, including experience working with other development teams and business users.
• Prior experience working with content management systems (e.g., Craft, Drupal etc.,) and content-driven website development.
• Experience coding accessible websites (particularly experience with Semantic HTML5 and/or WCAG Compliance).
• Experience with front-end build pipelines and tools (e.g., Grunt, Gulp, WebPack)
• Hands-on experience with Node.js.
• Working knowledge of web servers like Apache and Tomcat
• Website security skills like implementing security headers, TLS etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitFront End Engineering