Goldman Sachs & Co. Software Engineer - Metrics in Bengaluru, Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focused on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO’s Engineering team apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, service management, capacity planning & monitoring. ETO Engineers drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology’s runtime environment.ETO Engineering team uses big data processing, machine learning, real-time streaming analytics and simplified visualization/interaction to give computer systems the ability to learn and automate many of the tasks that humans would normally perform manually to run the bank’s systems. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering; autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behaviour of these complex systems.An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale event processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in full-stack development that may be required to achieve the desired outcomes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale web applications
• Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps.
• Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
• Participate in team-wide design and code reviews.
• Keep abreast of emerging technical trends, so applicability to ETO products can be determined.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication.
• Must have experience with modern JS frameworks and technology – AngularJS, D3, ES6, Node.js and Socket.io,
• Exposure to HTML5 and CSS frameworks,
• Familiarity with NoSQL (MongoDB, ElasticSearch),
• Minimum 2 years of server-side Java development, experience with threading and synchronization, • Unix/Linux experience
• Experience in working with Maven, SVN, JIRA, NPM, Gulp
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams,
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team,
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions,
• Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
• Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or DB2) ,
• Programming in Perl, Python and shell script.
• Knowledge and experience in building conversational user interfaces enabled by AI
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Job ID 2020-67290
Schedule Type Full Time
Level Vice President
Function(s) Software Engineer
Business UnitTech Management & Strategy
Employment Type Employee