Goldman Sachs & Co. Core Java Developer (DE - Data Model) - Alloy Engineering in Bengaluru, Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Data Model Engineering provides the platform that unlocks the firm’s data by providing the means to describe, access and manipulate it. It is the heart of a data-centric approach to application development. We engineer modelling languages, Software Development Lifecycle tools, large-scale operational services and portals for access and analysis to achieve this.Data Model Engineering is part of the Data Intelligence platform whose purpose is to extract the maximum value from the firm’s data at all stages of its life.YOUR CAREERGoldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, ‘Goldman Sachs University’ offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Implementation of new features and evolution of existing solutions to high-quality standards.
• Design discussion and review to shape the evolution of the platform.
• Leverage technologies and standards to automate and improve all aspects of the platform.
• Support and educate clients in their use of the platform.
• Root cause analyses and resolutions of language, tooling and hosted-environment failures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
• Java or related JVM development experience
• Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in Technology
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• An interest in functional programming
• Experience with Model Driven Architecture
• Programming Language design and implementation
• Experience of data modelling and SQL
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Job ID 2021-71672
Schedule Type Full Time
Function(s) Software Engineer
Business UnitData Engineering
Employment Type Employee